Shifting Gears is special because …
We focus on equipping leaders to ~
- Improve relationships – internal and external
- Get the best out of people – to everyone’s benefit
- Deliver immediate benefits
- Deal creatively with issues
- Revolutionise business on a daily basis
- Elegantly prevent or resolve grievances
- Make better decisions
- Confidently mentor and coach others
- Deal well with unhelpful behaviour
- Evolve their own style
Our programmes are based on ~
- Near;y thirty years of continuing development
- Real issues addressed (no ‘case studies’)
- Modelling and practising of what is advocated
- Structures and processes that are practical, inclusive and energising
- Powerful skills toolkits for immediate application
- Group sizes that deliver meaningful, sustained and transforming learning
- Learning that is applicable around the world
- A social contribution through our ‘Community Leader’ programme
- No jargon
We define a leader as ~
Not only people who have been ‘anointed’ or ‘appointed’ but those who have turned on their ‘internal switch’, have a vision of where they are going, and their hands up for developing their role in all aspects of life”.
Growing people – a strategic issue
Focus on revolutionising how organisations and people deal with one another rather than ‘fixing’ individuals
Where to place your effort?
- Place your main investment into the 20-30% of people who already ‘have their hand up’ as described above. They
will magnify and return your time and effort resulting in optimal development value.
- Next, focus on the 40-60% of people waiting to pick-up on the direction of others.
- Finally, consider the last 10-20%. Tending to absorb/drain energy they need careful monitoring of requirements to
ensure that resources are well used: best to help them create what they really want and stop behaving as ‘victims’.
When we speak of ‘learning’ we are referring to behavioural changes rather than knowledge acquisition